Current Misses

9/08/2019



Hi everyone! This is my first miss review! I’m working on my hit list. But that would most likely come up at the end of the year 2019 Holy Grail list. For now, these are the products that sadly, didn’t work out for me:’( 




+ Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Mud Pack by the Face Shop 

I ordered this on Amazon for $10 and they gave me an expired product. I contacted the seller, but they have yet to respond to me about a refund. In the pictures, it looked like either a very pale white or grey. Mine, sort of looked like a pale pink. Once I applied it on my face (forgot to check the expiration date), it did start to look white. This product gave me very small red spots on my right cheek and sort of stinged my eyes a day after I used it. I liked the application though. It felt very smooth and I used a silicone brush to apply it. Sadly, I can’t speak about the quality of this too much, because the product that I got is expired. I don’t know if I’ll pick this one up again at the Face Shop near me (It’s more expensive over there) or if I should go for the scrub. I’ve used the scrub they had in the same line before and that was excellent. I didn’t get to test that product out for too long, because I only really shared it with my ex. I bought it for him as part of his first ten-step Korean skincare steps about a couple of years ago. 






+ Amore Pacific Youth Revolution Radiance Creme & Masque 

The smell is a fuck no for me. Smelled similarly to the Missha BB Cream, I’m about to get to. Glad I didn’t pay $200 for this. Got this from my Allure Beauty Box for June, I believe. 





+ Context - Vitamin C All Day Eye Cream 

Didn’t work. I feel like this gave me more issues with my eyes and made it darker. I don’t understand how a Vit C ingredient can be used during the day. Because directions on every Vit C product I’ve tried has always told me to keep it away from sunlight. 




+ Daiso Charcoal Peel Off Mask 

No. Just no. Smell is way way overwhelming to leave on your face for 15 minutes. And this cost me $5. If it was around the $2 mark, I would have been way more forgiving. Smells like a rotten egg. I do like how it shows up as black when you swatch it and when you put it on your face. Other charcoal products, I have tried has always come out as grey or dark grey. 






+ Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 / PA+++ in No. 27 

Breaks my heart to mention this product here. Because the only company that I like that includes fragrance is Missha. I’ve used their pink sunscreen and I liked the lemony smell of that one. I also liked the black one they have exclusively for men, and I loved the fuck out of that one. Sadly, I couldn’t keep sniffing it because I bought it for my ex two years ago and we broke up shortly after we did the whole self-care part of the Netflix and Chill routine. Sorry, that was too much info, butt, I had to tell you why I couldn’t even give try the product a try because I bought it for someone else. Should have bought it for me D: 

This BB Cream claims to “brighten the tone, care for wrinkles, prevent signs of aging, heal blemishes while providing excellent coverage.” I feel like it does live up to most of its claim because my face looks SNATCHED every time I put on this product. My skin looks very plump, especially near my cheekbone area. My skin tone looks very bright and healthy. And my sunscreen is included in this all in one product which is great. 

The caveat(s) [for me, and probably just me.] is that I noticed that after 30 mins small to medium bumps would show up in my face. And I blame the strong fragrance that this product exudes. Back when I was 21, I don’t think this would have affected me at all. But now that I’m 26, I feel like my skin has become quite sensitive. It’s not quite noticeable, but it’s still there. And it bothers me D: The fragrance is a mixture of a flowery, powdery, and medicinal smell. It’s very overpowering. Sniffing it straight from the pump, it smelled very mild. But once I put it on my face, I can sniff it throughout the day. Not all the time, but here and there, I’ll get a reassurance that the lingering smell is there. 

I would have loved, loved, loved to wear this on a date night because of the pros, I’ve mentioned. But I feel like if I lean forward to kiss someone, I feel like they’d immediately back away because of the smell. So this product, as SNATCHED as it is, I won’t be wearing it outside. 

Indoors, I don’t notice it as much. So I may be able to use it up. Kinda really wanna toss it though. 

The scent isn’t like an ‘I want to wash my face immediately’ kind of smell, but it is still a lingering smell. And even if it only wafts through my noise infrequently, I still don’t like the smell. 

I think I’m the only one complaining about this product because it is apparently a best-seller and a cult favorite in Korea. Glad I only bought it for $10 on Amazon. Because in SokoGlam, it’s $22 and people also left reviews about how this product was a miss because of the heavy fragrance. 

I have tried mixing this with my Laneige moisturizer, Aloe Vera Gel moisturizer, and Lotus Gel moisturizer and it has not weakened the scent at all. For my $5 Photofocus Wet n Wild foundation that smells like paint, moisturizers work like magic. Tried really hard not to put this on the Miss bin, but it just didn’t work out. 

Sad, that I bought this product to skip all the extra step, only for me to come back to mixing stuff again lol. I might come back to my very first BB cream product which is the Smashbox one. 

The packaging is very cute. Very autumnal-like. With the copper brown-red color. It’s nice that it also comes with a pump. 

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention. It emphasizes the texture on my nose. Idk why. Soap and Glory’s primer helped a lot. By itself, it shows textures like no other. 



Ciao! Take care, everyone! See you soon! 



+ Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Mud Pack by the Face Shop 
+ Amore Pacific Youth Revolution Radiance Creme & Masque 
+ Context - Vitamin C All Day Eye Cream 
+ Daiso Charcoal Peel Off Mask 
+ Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 / PA+++ in No. 27 


Post a Comment

♡♡♡

© Dazed Mari. Design by FCD.