December Favorites

1/01/2020



December Favorites
December Favorites

December Favorites


x Duke Ellington - Solitude 
x Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol. III palette - Repurposed it as a highlighter for the face as it is too light for my lid and it’s amazing! 
x OPI Pearl Jammin’ nail polish - winter in a nail polish bottle 
x Twitter not deleting my old account to free up usernames | Lots of sentimental stuff there 
x Soft unicorn slippers until Gigi (new rabbit) peed inside it ; o ; 
x Getting used to using Fire Kindle. Sort of back on my reading grind. Want to read more Lemony Snicket books as I have finished the ‘All The Wrong Questions’ series. Should I give the Netflix series a try? I was hoping for an animation or comic books release. Still attached to the original live action of ASOUE
x Extra long hours for work isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. 
x Bonus check is in :3 Quickly spent it tho. Sighs. 
x Matte highlight below brow bone highlight and just shimmer highlight on top of brow bone. Finally carving my brows! 
x Hard Candy Birthday Suit palette :3 So in love that I don’t want to make any new make up purchases at the moment. 

x Sailor Moon hair chopsticks. I could have sworn I already talked about this in another post. Or maybe it was a post I decided to scrap because I just want to turn it into another post. Um, but anyway, I bought this because I wanted to kinda cosplay the pretty lady from Big Hero 6 where Hiro was fighting Yama and she was the referee. 

x I like the Wendy’s 50th anniversary packaging. It’s all stripes, baby blue, and red c: 

Non-favorite: Can’t find Poison for Breakfast by Lemony Snicket anywhere :\ 

December Favorites

December Favorites

x Vintage Pink+Gold ribbon from Michael’s for $3 because I got 40% off. I used it to decorate two of the biggest mirrors in my room. Wish I could have tied the bow better. I just tied it like how I would with my shoes. But I’m really in love with how imperfect and hurried it looks. Love looking at it every morning. I wanted it to originally look like Angelic Pretty. I know I could have dissected the bow anatomy better, but I was just impatient to get it up on top of the mirrors. So, I just kinda tied it up in the most un-fancy way possible lol

x My Dumbo shirt! Been using it as pajamas. It’s in the wash right now tho ; o ; Or the dirty pile rather. I’m definitely going to wash it before my birthday, so I could wear it as a birthday outfit. Also got a Dumbo wallet (Disney x Loungefly) with Dumbo holding on to Tim’s tail. I’m sooo happy and excited!  This also counts as my last merch purchase EVER. I honestly don’t think I would be hungry for any more merch trinkets for a while, because I’m very happy to have a Dumbo merch in my collection and be content without looking at other merch for a very long time. I would be implementing all year, next year a No-Buy. 

x Finally became Sephora VIB! I’m doing a No-Buy for next year as I’ve stated previously, so I decided to do a last beauty purchase of the decade haul! More like half a a decade. Because I only got into make up five years ago, which was in 2014. Going to feature it in my ‘Birthday Haul’ post. I bought two ‘Too Faced’ products. I think it’s their diamond collection. I’ve always had my eye on it. I love the baby pink and the hot pink thrown together. Reminds me so much of Eloise and Anastasia. I also bought a lip gloss from Smashbox in their Gloss Angeles line in Honey. Smashbox was one of the very first make up I bought, so I thought it was nice that we came full circle, preparing for next year in 2020 where I wouldn’t buy anything new. Not unless it’s to re-stock  items like moisturizer, exfoliating mask, cleanser, sunscreen, toner, and nail polish remover. Those are the products I go through the most. Before I make my purchases though, I will try to go through my sample boxes first, before I go out and buy stuff c: 

x Bullet Journal (Grey Moleskine with Gold Sakura wax seal). I’ve been making it prettier with Rilakkuma memo pads. Just sticking in my grocery lists and errand lists in there. It looks like a real diary that you could examine, I don’t know, a hundred years from now? I’m very delighted with myself c: Anyway, I love bullet journals. It’s like a friend / therapist. 

x Cleaned and organized my room even more. All of my make up stashes are organized into pink boxes and they’re all together in my second vanity next to the window. I’m so happy. My make up used to be scattered everywhere, but now they’re more organized. Perfect for next year, when I revisit and rediscover old loves, so I don’t have to be tempted to go out and buy new items all the time. My desk, fridge, snack station, toiletry corner, bed, and vanity all came together and they look sooo good. I’m so happy. Makes me tempted to do a room/studio tour c: Not sure if any of my viewers would actually like to see that. I think you well get to see glimpses of my rooms when I take snaps of favorite items for December Favorites. Glad it’s all tidied up now. Because November backdrops and flat lays were such a hot mess lol. 

x Nearly 400k impressions on Twitter and the monthly viewership has gone up to 154k

x Reached 1k on Twitter! I’m so stoked! I always only get about 100 followers in all of my social medias. Well, it doesn’t help that I delete my account and always start over for privacy reasons. But yeah, it was really nice to see that number. Really grateful to everyone who participated in the thread I made to celebrate reaching that goal. I couldn’t get that goal for October, but I did now in December! Woo! 

x I was able to help someone get a donation on Twitter. I was very happy for her and her dog Sibby when I saw her updates. There were a lot of people that asked to send care packages, although for safety reasons it wouldn’t be advisable to give out an address to strangers. I’m glad the RT worked. I thought it didn’t because it didn’t get any notes. But people did see it, and people were kind enough to care. I wanted to donate but I’ve been having issues with sites similar to GoFundMe. My donations keep being returned even though I have enough money to donate :( I used to be able to help with vet bills and stuff. This feels like American Express all over again. Those cards never authorize anything. I have a different bank now. But I remember my friend making fun of this guy because he was taking out this girl on a date and his card kept getting declined because American Express didn’t authorize his transactions and the girl end up paying lol. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to go off on a tangent, but yeah, I’m trying to email the them but they only have vague FAQs answers and no one has responded to me yet. I feel like it would have been a dick move if I donated but then it gets taken back. I’d feel better if it was a larger campaign. In that way, if that issue does happen, I’m not the only one catching them. There are other people who would be able to catch them and it doesn’t feel like I’ve fucked them over.Yeah, it’d just be a dick move if that happens again.  

x Surrendered an old license because I didn’t want to do CE and the penalties for that. Mailed it just in time c: 

x I think it was this week that I watched a couple of Twilight Zone episodes that a friend recommended. It was ‘Time Enough At Last’ and ‘To Serve Man.’ They were very good episodes. I’m no longer an uncultured swine, because I finally get the references in the cartoons I watched previously and didn’t get some of the cultural references that were in there.  

x Wendy’s plain chicken nuggets :3 I think it’s 2 for $5 for their anniversary. I thought I only liked their spicy nuggets but it turns out I like their plain chicken nuggets too c: 

x Bought one animated Pokemon film on Apple TV. I got the Kyurem because when I was 22, Gen 5 cured my depression. No lies. 

x Deciding to be a Tarot Reader as part of my brand c: I feel so fulfilled. My girl crush when I was 11 was the pretty senior witch from Kiki’s Delivery Service 

x The Nightmare I had a couple of days before the week ended lol? I always get nightmares every time I eat midnight snacks. Very hard habit to break. It was scary while it was happening but definitely funny after analyzing it the whole day.

What happened in the dream: An evil scientist lady was trying to make me dance / lock hands with a corpse from a skeleton army and I think I was in this kept in this attic in a winter cabin? 

But cut back to the earlier dream sequence. It was me shopping at Wal-mart and they had a lot of cute stuff that I go weak for. And then my brain goes, aren’t we doing a No-Buy? And I was like we’re now serving hush puppies, we’re doing a cheat day. 

And then while we were going after the Skeleton army, with our car. One girl was losing her fucking mind, crying about her daughter because the skeletons kidnapped her. 

And the whole fucking time, I was just thinking about how I hope the Skeleton army doesn’t touch my Wal-mart haul. 

Because I would go on bat-shit crazy mode if they did lol. I wish I was artistic enough to turn this into a short animation. I want to start a dream journal, but I rarely like any dream episodes I have. 

x Cleaned my ‘Adulting’ station. Now, I know where my tax info is ready for next February. Not completely sorted yet, but I can see stuff that I need whenever I would need them. 

x Lemony Snicket’s ‘Read Something Else’ 

x Wearing all hot pink pajamas. I feel like Eloise c: 

x Emily Didonato c: ! My new model crush! 

x Saw a cute golden retriever service dog waiting outside in Randalls. It was sooooo cuuuuuuute! I was running errands pretty late with my mom and she was plant shopping. 

x My winter blankets folded like takoyaki balls c: They look so yummy and then I remember they’re blankets. 

x Realizing that I accomplished what I set out to do in terms of becoming a creative director this year. Working on my blog made me feel like I was on the helm of my own magazine empire. I know it sounds silly, but that’s how I really felt. 

x My rose gold headphones aren’t broken! I just didn’t put the wire properly! Hooray! 

x I thank God everyday that I’m not with my ex anymore from two years ago! The mental and emotional abuse I had to fucking endure. And also thankful I’m not with the other ex from another two years before that lol. 

x The King on Netflix. You don’t know how hard I fell in love with this film. And the score, is phenomenal. 

Non-favorites: UK election results, Twitter Jail/Twitter account suspensions (Couldn’t add a lot of people on my ff), funding sites becoming stricter with their policies,  Pond’s cream (gave me nice brightening glow afterwards, but not sure if I’m willing to put up with it; it was a hard product to wash off), Pokemon TV no longer including a free film to watch every month ; - ; Used to watch the Giratina and the Sky Warrior film every year on my birthday for the last five years. Pimples near my chin that hurt, weird itchy hives, tummy aches,  headaches, and eye strains where I have to stay away from the screens and take lots of power naps. I think I may need to get those blue light technology glasses or something. Smelling cow guts. I’m not much for exotic food. But my dad really likes it. Wish I had found baby blue, light pink, or light blue containers to go with the theme of my room. Half-mori, half-princess kind of vibes. But I could only found teal. I’m sort of digging it. Maybe it’s more of a Holika Holika or Sentimental Circus vibe or a palette you’d see from a Pixiv artist.  Also, didn’t know you couldn’t redeem Sephora points not unless you buy something first. It’s a bummer :\ Rough texture on my right cheeks. Don’t know what to do. Really botches my foundation but even up close it doesn’t look obvious. But you can tell it’s there. There was also this annoying guy at Home Depot who doesn’t seem to understand personal space D: And also rude workers :\ Sorry for the gripe, but I need to vent. 

December Favorites

December Favorites

x Catching up on writing and editing. Only photoshoots are left
x Saw a black cat and pretty christmas lights that look like falling stars. Forgot that I liked winter scenery 
x Re-watching Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice 
x Birthday haul stuff arriving tomorrow so I can start doing photoshoots and complete scheduled posts before I get sick next week. 
x Two more months until Gigi can eat treats like Chubby. Poor, Chubby. She hasn’t gotten a treat since sharing her pen with Gigi. She’ll get her carrots, apples, and Barley treats around February! 
x New Pokemon Go Buddy update :D Haven’t played in a while but this is interesting. 
x Reached 10k for total blog views! I reached all of my goals before the year ended! I’m so happy! 
x Kirimi. The depressed Salmon. I feel like he’s Gudetama’s distant relative. 
x Being able to resist so many make up right after I said I’m doing a no-buy c: Video game wise, I almost tripped. The new releases are still tempting to get, but then I just had to remind myself that I could always get it later. 

x Pokemon Mystery Gift Bundle c: I got another ‘Love Ball’ 

x Wanna watch ‘The Mandalorian’  ; o ; Baby Yoda is my spirit animal. He keeps coo-ing it’s sooo cute. 

x My room coming together. I feel like I keep mentioning that. Sorry, I’ve been into rearranging this past couple of weeks. 

x Mama bear brough home souvenirs from Plano, TX: Lava cake and cookies from Collin Street Bakery Cafe :3

x I commented on Vayetse’s Ig profile (My favorite lion from Kevin Richardson Foundation) and I got a like! :D Felt so happy for the rest of the day! Vayetse is the most handsomest lion in that reservation! 

x Free trial on HBO now. I got to watch a bit of Tom because I love Matthew Macfadyen. I love it but it feels slow because /Tom is a minor character. So, I’m putting it on hold for now. Really love him as a fake Disney executive tho c: 

Non-favorites: Realizing I’m one week away from getting my period again. It’s going to start on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and on my fucking birthday D: That’s why I’ve been feeling so weak during week 2. Hopefully, I get stuff up before then. My mom going away to Dallas for 5 days D: So sick, I have to post-pone renewing my Library card :( I feel really sad that no one is talking about the fires in Australia ; - ; The Koala that was rescued didn’t live and my heart fucking hurts. Sleep paralysis :\ My period calendar might start charging me $10 a month? I hope that’s only for premium members. 


December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites


December Favorites

x It’s my birthday week! c: 
x Gigi was grinding her teeth when she let me pet her Christmas morning 
x Psycho MV | Irene HeartEyes  ; o ; | Joy looks so pretty here. I love the scene where she was about to whisper to Seulgi | I hope Wendy feels better soon ; o ; 
x Knox Fortune - Lil Thing 
x Tortoise setting the house on fire on Christmas day lol
x Derek He’s my friend. A friend who is hot on the outside as he is on the inside. There are a lot of people that pretend to accept different people or only get pressured to accept different people. But Derek isn’t like that. He’s a rare soul and I’m glad we’re friends. 
x Matte nude nails and copper polish c: 
x I actually finished Succession S2 before my free trial was gone. I really liked the script for this show. 
x Target Run: A nice lady invited me to try the sample stuff. I got the cucumber mint sparkling water with popped chips. It was such a good combo. Might pick it up for my January snacc haul 
x Restocked essentials and organized paperworks in my blush deco multi pocket folder :D
x iPhone tripod for my future Patreon projects c: 
x Bought Chamomile (Arctic ermine plush) a cute green conductor hat that says “North Pole Delivery” because I completely forgot he’s also called a “Christmas weasel.” I got it for $1.50 at Target at the section where they have everything on sale for 50% to  try to get rid of their Christmas stocks.  I kinda wish they had a red one but I like how the green also gives off Slytherin vibes :D If someone says the N word from the 1940s, I’m going to kill him. 
x Bongo Cat 
x Frank James 16 personalities 
x Last 3 drugstore haul to match with high-end haul 
x Baby blue that’s leaning blue-grey (Bikini so Teeny by Essie) + Pastel mint  (Thyme is Money by Sally Hansen) nail polish.Two polish to complete all the shades for my nail lacquer collection 
x Feeling inspired with new graphic designs c: I hope I don’t botch anything on my first try and that ideas don’t just stay in my head 
x New table/shelves near the vestibule/parlor. All of the Prime packages that arrived looked like presents under the Christmas tree. 
x Homemade BBQ because TX winters are never cold :d
x Inktober pitchforks going away 
x Renewed my library card! I just finished requesting for Philip Pullman’s “Book of Dust” and adding “Secret of Common Wealth” on my wishlist c: Currently have the audiobook for “Once Upon A Time in the North” in the Libby app. Felt so nostalgic being there. Apparently after I lost my card, it expired around 2017 and there was about a $2 fine/fee. Anyway, I loved the teen section a lot. Full of manga and batman comics c: My kind of heaven. 
x Finished reading Lyra’s Oxford 
x I got Elsa and Simba for the “Which Disney Character Are You” filter on ig && I got Sandshrew and Kangaskan for the “Which Pokemon Are You” filter after two attempts ;; Figured out how to use customized ig filters. Woo. I’m late to the party. 
x Skin is back to normal again c: Foundation looks good once again 
x My Pink Tumblr. I still update her. I’ve sprinkled my favorite finds throughout the four weeks. I still can’t believe 2014 was six years ago. 
x BABY YODA  ♥ ♥ ♥
x My nails not breaking :3 I want them to stay long forever
x Found a new Youtuber: Kitty Kat Beauty 
x Bought three fishies for my mom because she’s scared of pet stores. She went inside one time and there was a snake behind her outside of the cage, hissing at her, and she flipped the fuck out lol. I kinda wanted to add turtles inside the aquarium we have to. Butt, like baby turtles and I hope he doesn’t eat all the fishes and snails inside. 


December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites

December Favorites


December Favorites

December Favorites


December Favorites

December Favorites



Non-favorites: Period week :\ Feeling sick as soon as my period ends on my birthday fucc D: Feeling sick /weak on my birthday. Mama Bear trying to convince me to forgive mean people :( Didn’t get the baby blue covergirl packaging. I feel dizzy inside the newly remodeled Target. I’ve sort of familiarized myself where things are again but it’s such a headache that I can’t get out of there within 5 minutes. Hitting my pinky toe D: My eyes stinging from the Colourpop palette D: Why do companies make eyeshadows that are not intended for the ‘immediate eye area’ ??? I used glitter glue, and double cleansed and used a make up remover cloth. Got everything off but my peepers still feel spicy . _ . ;;; I hope I don’t go blind ; - ;  Mama Bear comparing me to her other kids o: She pissed off my sister too. Serial killer documentaries and bad news on Twitter  with people getting murdered ; - ; It makes it so hard to trust someone. Like I go to the store and look at an old lady, and immediately think she’s the cover for an underground ring sex trafficking because she looks so innocent and harmless and she lures trusting young girls that way . _ . So many bugs in my room. I already killed 2. But now there’s a third one D: Ugh. Aren’t bugs supposed to be dead during winter? Russian bots everywhere :( Sneezing twice a lot. That means someone is talking shit about me. Or they’re plotting my meow-der D: dundundun. Could just be the cold winter weather too. Had to toss my favorite dome brush applicator because after 2 years it stopped performing like it did before ; o ; 

BABY YODA GETTING PUNCHED BY SCOUT TROOPERS ; O ; NOT JUST ONCE BUT SEVERAL TIMES.

Last non-favorite is even though I think I’m ready for the first step of moving on, the idea that an old lover might see me so happy which in turn might make them sad, bruises my heart forever. I would rather have them never see me again if it means I won’t  ever make them sad. 


_________________ 

Thank you for reading ♥

What were your December favorites? Tell me in the comment section below :3 

Apologies that I didn’t include every single photo of items I mentioned owo;; Didn’t realize there was a lot I could write if I do weekly favorites. Also there wasn’t a lot of selfies so it hardly looks like a fake vlog thumbnail lol. I like the format of using categories a lot better. I just get really confused if I already put something down or not. I keep asking myself, did I already talk about this? 

P.S. I’m not really tempted to review 2019 or do a review of the decade. But I do want to say that I liked the second half of the decade where I was able to get away from my depression as far away as possible. And it was funny how I could be in love during the spring, but was all torn up all autumn in 2019 :,)  That’s the universe for you. 

Mari

 ♥ x x 

_________________ 

SUGGESTED READINGS:

Ana Luisa NY: Kelly Necklace Review | Ambassador Liaison | Discount code included 

Hello there, May 

So long, April | My April 

Sephora VIB Spring Sale 2021 | What I Picked Up 

x Daiso Haul: Sakura Stationery  | Pink Spring Haul 


LET'S CONNECT!

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin’ | Pinterest  | Goodreads | Book Sirens


 SUPPORT THE CREATOR

Support This Blog: Buy Me Coffee  


December Favorites

December Favorites

Post a Comment

♡♡♡

© Dazed Mari. Design by FCD.