Day 28 - Superstitious Spotlight #Scriptober designed by Scripturient Blogger

10/28/2019


Superstitious Spotlight


x Spinning plates when someone leaves before you finish eating counters any debt from piling up
x Sneezing 3x means someone loves you / is thinking about you at that very moment
x If you have a nightmare, don’t talk to anyone about it the next morning. Instead, you should bite the bark of a tree. Because if you speak it first thing in the morning, your nightmare will come true. Sort of like summoning it from another reality. My grandma especially said to not speak about dreams that have teeth or of dreams where you are drowning. I asked why repeatedly. But she always refused to explain and she looked frightened. And my grandma has balls of steel and is never scared of anything. From giant snakes, she used to deal with at her old farm or other mythical monsters she said only existed in her province when she was a kid herself. So I never asked after that. I guess it's one of the things we are not meant to know. 

Here are some of the sayings I heard a lot when I was a kid. I don’t know if they’re true but the adults in my family always seem to take it seriously. It’s so bizarre how superstitions come about. I always thought adults would brush it off, but they seem to be the ones implementing it. I wonder if I’ll carry these traditions when I start my own family. 



 MORE SUGGESTED READINGS:



unsplash-logoMegan Wood

Post a Comment

♡♡♡

© Dazed Mari. Design by FCD.